20 Stories High, GoPlay Studios and Unity present a live and digital blend of hip-hop, live music, poetry and film.
Available to watch until the 31st July
Since 2019, a group of amazing Liverpool artists have been exploring the theme of touch. Various lockdowns have meant that they have been unable to showcase this work to an audience. Until now…
This film version of Touchy Live blends five short films with live, on-stage performance in a mash up of theatre and music video – interweaving beats, drama, poetry, animation, visuals and original music. Follow the journey of six characters as they navigate their way through the tactile highs and lows of young adulthood.
Expect heavy beats, heartfelt songs, martial arts, and some funny, poignant and raw poetry.
Whether you are new to 20 Stories High or a member of their ever expanding community – this is definitely a show not to be missed.
How to Watch:
Touchy Live will be available to watch on Unity Online until the 31st July. You can watch the show through Vimeo for just £6, by clicking the Watch Now button.
Once you have purchased your individual film you will be able to watch it as many times as you like in the three-month watch period.
Unity Online will drop a new playlist of productions every three months (August, November, February & May). You can watch each production individually for £6, or save money by purchasing all films in the drop for just £25.
Unity Circle Members receive access to each playlist drop for free as part of their membership. Sign up for a Unity Circle Membership today from just £2.50 a month / £30 a year, and access our on-demand content whenever you want.
Warnings and Access
Contains strong language and storylines exploring systemic racism, substance abuse, sexual consent and the covid-19 pandemic.
Also contains flashing images.
We created a self care toolkit to accompany each film to ensure that our audiences feel safe and empowered when accessing our work. You can access the self care toolkits here
This film contains optional captioning.
In Association with Unity and GoPlay Studios
Originally commissioned by Wellcome Collection
Supported by John Ellerman Foundation
Created by and starring:
- #1 Jemell’s Story: Malik Lidgett
- #2 Jazz’s Story: Faye Donna Francis
- #3 Ella & Ste’s Story: Izzy Campbell & Pari Richards
- #4 Sophie’s Story: Anita Welsh
- #5 Max’s Story: James Cast
- Julia Samuels: Writer & Co-Director (Ella & Ste’s Story)
- Keith Saha: Writer/Co-Writer & Director (Sophie’s Story, Max’s Story, Jemell’s Story, Jazz’s Story)
- Amy Golding: Co-Director (Ella & Ste’s Story)
- Leanne Jones: Producer
- Lucy Graham and Natasha Patel: Assistant Producers
- Kofi Owusu (GoPlay Studios): Director of Photography, Editor & Music Producer
- Miriam Nabarro: Designer
- Joe Hornsby: Lighting Designer
- Jonathon Everett: Sound Designer & Engineer
- Fiona Hilton: Production Manager & Stage Manager
- Lou Platt: Artist Wellbeing Practitioner
- Amber Akaunu & Kay Dale (Comics Youth): Associate Artists
- Emily McChrystal: Creative Consultant (Jazz’s story)
- Joe Harper: Artwork
- Richard Bond: Communications Associate
- Laura Hall: Production Accountant
- Paislie Reid: Digital Associate
- Amy Thompson: Administrator
- Donna Coleman: Youth Worker
- Nancy Poole: PR Associate
- Rob Shaw: Development Associate