Thursday 5th May — Saturday 30th July
Thursday 5th May – Saturday 30th July
4pm, 4:30pm, 6pm & 6:30pm
A Coney & Tamasha joint project in partnership with Everyman & Playhouse in association with Unity
1o Thousand Heartbeats is available to book Thursday to Saturday every week from 5th May to 30th July. The only exceptions where no slots are available are Thursday 2nd and Friday 3rd June.
A smart phone adventure exploring Liverpool Chinatown.
Settle down inside yourself
Connect with the beat of your own heart
I’ll show you how to travel anywhere in the universe without leaving this spot
I think we can all appreciate the value of that…
Where there was once a bustling street in the heart of the city, there’s now an eerie silence as you walk through Liverpool Chinatown. Who built this neighbourhood? How did it become what it is today?
Anjia, played by Liverpool artist Fenfen Huang (CBBCs The Wonton Warrior 2021), invites you on a time-travelling adventure around the place she calls home. Step through the Chinatown Arch and uncover the stories behind The Nook, Chung Wah Supermarket and The Bagelry and the new St George’s Square mural, as you walk in the footsteps of Chinatown residents past and present.
From the creators of We Are Shadows: A Local’s Guide to Brick Lane comes 10 Thousand Heartbeats: A Local’s Guide to Liverpool Chinatown 一 異國 · 龍鄉: 一部利物浦中國城的指引, an immersive smart phone adventure on foot by Coney & Tamasha.
The Ends & Tales adventure begins at Unity. Participants will be navigated through and around Liverpool Chinatown, on a journey that lasts 50-90 minutes (depending how much you want to explore!).
Booking and Access Information:
- To experience the adventure, you will need a fully charged phone, at least 1GB of data and a pair of headphones before you set off. Please remember that this experience takes place outdoors – so be sure to check the weather before you start, as we all know what British weather is like.
- Have a read of the full adventurer instructions here.
- To book a slot please follow this link.
- The Unity building will be open. The Unity Bar will be open when other events are happening at Unity. This will be most Thursdays, to determine whether or not the Unity Bar will be open please refer to the Unity What’s On page or call 0151 709 6502.
- The adventure is open and available to everyone. For any questions on access please consult our access rider, found here – this information primarily covers mobility access requirements.
- If you have further questions or concerns regarding access, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For any questions or issues regarding tech, please contact email@example.com.
- Age: 13+
- Trigger Warnings: racism, violence
About the company
Produced by Tamasha’s Digital Lead, Tuyet Huynh (BARBERSHOP CHRONICLES 360° NATIONAL THEATRE 2017) with support from Coney’s Ellie Browning and Eliza Cass. The experience is written by playwrights Jude Christian (NANJING, THE ROYAL COURT 2019) and Naomi Sumner Chan (UNITED KINGDOMS, BBC RADIO 4 2022), with interactive dramaturgy and game design by Coney, and Sound Design by Nicola T. Chang (ALL MIRTH AND NO MATTER, RSC, 2021)
About ENDS & TALES
Bubbling with magical realism, ENDS & TALES is a series of immersive smart phone adventures on foot, inspired by the untold stories and histories around us, created by Coney and Tamasha. Past adventures: We Are Shadows: A Local’s Guide to Brick Lane.