Monday, 21 September 2020
Unity is looking for a part-time General Manager (Maternity Cover) to join our team 2 days a week, supporting the organisation to achieve our mission of providing space and opportunity for people to be creative, enjoy high-quality entertainment, and celebrate the communities of Liverpool. The post-holder will support the organisation to achieve our business objectives and administrating Finance, HR, Health & Safety and our new Talent Development Programme.
Please find information about the role and the person specification in the job pack below. Before you fill in the application form make sure you have read all the details here.
Please use the application form to tell us all about how your interests, experiences and skills relate to this role, or you can email us a link to a video application answering the same questions. Videos should be no longer than 5 minutes.
Please send your application form or video link to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 15th October 2020.
If you would like further support information, support with access requirements or a chat about the post, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you and we look forward to receiving your application.
The Unity Team
Job Title: General Manager (Maternity Cover)
Hours Per Week: 2 Days (15 Hours)
Salary: £10,800 pro rata (FTE £27,000)
Contract: 6 months November 2020 – April 2021
Working Style: Flexible, both office and home-working optional
Application Deadline: Thursday 15th October
Interview Date: Monday 19th October via Zoom
Unity is an arts organisation that provides space and opportunity for people to be creative, enjoy high-quality entertainment, and celebrate the communities of Liverpool. We work together to inspire creative risk and achieve a more fair and accessible world. Unity can be experienced in our iconic building, out in the city and online for as many people as possible to enjoy.
Who we are looking for:
- Excellent leadership, business and management skills
- Evidence of high-level organisational ability
- Evidence of successful financial management and budget monitoring
- Evidence of stakeholder relationship management
- High level communication skills and an excellent manner when dealing with the public, stakeholders and industry colleagues
- Evidence of capacity to work collegiately and to be work flexibly according to shifting priorities and objectives
- Experience of managing teams of staff to effectively achieve goals and to work cross departmentally
- A pro-active and positive approach to solving problems in a prompt and independent manner
- An ability to be flexible to business need and work calmly and effectively under pressure
General Manager (Maternity Cover) Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with Unity’s outsourced Financial Management provider, manage financial administration of the charity including tracking invoices, and collating payroll, supervising overhead spend.
- Complete the development of Unity’s current Business Plan, in accordance with funding requirements and Unity’s long range strategy
- Monitor and evaluate Unity’s practice against existing Business Plan objectives.
- Administer Unity’s new Talent Development programme to ensure all objectives are achieved in accordance with funding.
- Work with our HR consultants, to ensure HR policies are updated and put into practice in accordance with changes in legislation.
- Collate and distribute board papers and take minutes of Trustee meetings. Submit audited accounts to Company’s House and the Charity Commission.
- Ensure health and safety requirements , documentation and training are actioned in accordance with current legislation and insurance needs, including chairing Unity’s Health and safety committee.