Tuesday, 30 November 2021
Today is #GivingTuesday – where people across the globe come together to support good causes. Throughout our gradual reopening, we’ve been overwhelmed by the kindness, patience and respect you have shown your fellow audience members and the support you have given to Unity and the artists in our programme.
You’ve really gone above and beyond to ensure we can keep our venue running, carry on supporting Liverpool creatives and offering an online programme.
Since Unity reopened in June 2021, your support and donations have meant:
- 631 artists have been directly supported through our Creative’pool Programme. This includes:
- Attending a Creative’pool training or networking event
- One-to-one mentoring and check-in chats with Unity staff
- Support with writing successful fundraising application
- Free time and space to rehearse and develop their work
- 85% of our live programme has been available to watch online as well as in venue
- with over 2000 people benefitting from the option to watch from home
- Through the Unity Open Call, 22 Liverpool artists and companies have received guaranteed income, a slot in our programme, mentoring, technical support and a professional recording of their work
- Every single show has had a captioned or BSL interpreted option
- 100+ artists have been able to connect and get their work seen by over 200+ national programmers through our new website, ProPortal
We need your help to continue to make all of this possible again in 2022.
Last week we announced the Unity Circle – a new, low-cost way to support us.
By signing up for Unity Circle Membership today (from £30 a year or £2.50 a month) your money will help us continue to
- Develop Liverpool artists
- Promote the cities talents nationally
- Make our work even more physically and digitally accessible
- Keep all of our ticket prices accessible including a £1 a month On Demand platform
So that anybody who wishes to can enjoy what we do.
Find out about all the brilliant perks of becoming a Unity Circle Member including 2 for 1 tickets, On Demand access, bar discounts and more.
Scroll down to read more from our artists and audiences about how your support has directly impacted the work we’ve been able to do and the people we’ve been able to help…
This was really great yesterday, it was so lovely to be in a room with writers, a big sigh of relief after the isolation of lockdown life. Thank you @unitytheatre @KirstenP_R @GordonPMillar. All scribblers welcome, every Thursday 11-1pm, and freelance hotdesking for after, too🙂 https://t.co/u9KnaHhpkD
— Ginni Manning (@manninginni) November 19, 2021
— Steffi (@SweeneySteffi) October 29, 2021
Getting stuck into the first title @kinneytomas from my binge-watch list of the brilliant online (and offline, oh hey there @TheTabbyLamb..) work available from @unitytheatre. Absolutely no other theatre is doing it like them into terms of accessible digital new work 👏👏👏👏 pic.twitter.com/LVrFKLZHqO
— Dr Frank (@FrankPeschier) October 27, 2021
— Laura Donovan-Hall (@ldonovanhall) October 25, 2021
— RAWD (@RAWDproject) November 1, 2021
— FLOOD (@floodtheatreco) November 1, 2021
— Dr Emily LeQuesne (@EmilyLeQuesne) September 10, 2021
What a brilliant and much needed tool for theatre producers and venue programmers 👏👏👏 https://t.co/fxatiMJ70r
— Joseph Ramsden (@JosephRamsden2) September 9, 2021
An absolutely incredible and vital piece of work from @unitytheatre, groundbreaking change leading from @KirstenP_R @RachaelKWelsh that will make a huge difference to artists in the North 👏👏👏👏 https://t.co/ZsoxIlLRf9
— Dr Frank (@FrankPeschier) September 9, 2021