Tuesday, 4 July 2023
Unity are recruiting for a Trust and Foundations Speciality (Maternity Cover) role.
This role is part-time 2 days per week and is fixed term for 9 months. The salary is £40,000 pro rata.
You will be responsible for Trust and Foundation fundraising at Unity Theatre, developing and implementing an effective fundraising strategy for Unity that supports income growth.
You will proactively engage and deepen our relationships with new and existing Trusts and Foundations.
Job Title: Trusts and Foundations Fundraiser (9 months Maternity Cover)
Hours per week: 15 hours (2 days per week)
We will consider applications for flexible working, remote working, or freelance agreements so please let us know your preference in your application.
Salary: £16,000 (£40,000 pro rata)
Coach: CEO / Artistic Director
Start date: Monday 4th September 2023
End date: Monday 3rd June 2024
About Unity Theatre:
Unity is an established theatre based in central Liverpool presenting work that asks questions, breaks boundaries and challenges accepted norms. We’re proud of our roots as the only surviving member of the Unity Theatre movement of the 1930s that produced left-leaning work by and for working class people – but we also innovate to meet the challenges and needs of the 21st century.
To be a nationally renowned theatre that develops and shares the stories of diverse individuals across every strand of work.
To unite people through creative experiences to explore an ever-changing world and our part in it.
- Developing and supporting underrepresented local artists
- Platforming and celebrating diversity
- High-quality creative experiences
Unity is one of Liverpool’s core performance spaces, cemented in the hearts and minds of the city, and considered a ‘must play’ venue on the touring circuit. Unity won Liverpool City Region Arts Organisation of the Year 2022.
- Personally responsible for fundraising from trusts and foundations, growing and developing the pipeline.
- Identify, research, and approach new Trust and Foundations whose strategic objectives and focus are aligned to with that of Unity Theatre. Achieving a monthly target of £8,000 / annual £96,000/
- Prepare and submit applications to prospective trust funders, monthly.
- Support Unity’s Fundraising Consultant, to achieve multi-year funding applications and support the CEO in identifying sponsorship and donations opportunities against the artistic programme.
- To manage all communications between Unity Theatre and Trusts and Foundations. Oversee the monitoring and evaluation activity ensuring that the needs of funders and external partners are met, including donor reporting, thanking, event invites etc.
- To involve CEO in the process of building relationships with Trusts and Foundations and exploring networks to help with new approaches.
- To work collaboratively across Unity Theatre to maximise opportunities and networks as well as to help develop robust fundraising proposals and budgets.
Skills and knowledge required
- Excellent communication and numeracy skills, including the proven ability to write compelling bids and speak eloquently in order to build and maintain relationships with funders
- Ability to use Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and a CRM/ Database system
- Ability to work well in a team and independently
- Ability to deal with a diverse range of people at all levels using tact, diplomacy and patience
- An understanding of best practice in fundraising, and trends in philanthropy and the broader fundraising sector
- Experience working in the charity sector, in a trust fundraising role
- Experience of successfully securing grants from trusts and foundations
- Experience of relationship managing a large volume of funders, including fulfilling reporting and stewardship requirements
- Experience in the arts sector is beneficial but not essential
How To Apply
Please email a CV and a one-page cover letter outlining how you would undertake the role, to Annemariemartin@unitytheatre.co.uk by 5pm on Friday 4th August 2023.