Wednesday, 5 May 2021
From our 2021 season onwards, Unity are committing to making much of our work available to view online as well as in person. These online screenings will sit alongside digital commissions and our Creative’pool training programme to form ‘Unity Online’. The role of Unity Online Lead will work closely with the Business Development Manager and Technical Manager to oversee distribution of Unity Online content as well as multi-channel promotion including social media and website.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Recording and Editing
- work with Unity’s Technical team to support on the recording and streaming of Unity’s live programme so that is available for audiences online
- editing of show recordings to prepare them for online viewing including adding credits and captions
- rendering videos so they are in a format that can be uploaded to a hosting site such as Vimeo or YouTube
Social Media & Creative Content
- create innovative content for use across Unity’s social media channels, newsletters and website
- keep all of Unity’s social media channels populated and active
- connect with Unity’s artists, audiences and communities to platform their voices in an exciting, dynamic way
- work with the Business Development Manager to determine social media priorities based off targets and sales
- work with the Business Development Manager to segment content and copy across different channels for different audiences
- use social media to grow and connect with new audiences including communities, artists and industry
- keeping the Unity website updated. Unity uses WordPress and works with an external company to develop website infrastructure – this role will work closely with this company
- embedding online work onto the website from Vimeo or YouTube
- supporting the Business Development Manager on the development and roll-out of Unity’s new Programmers Portal, a new website showcasing show recordings for potential touring.
Design & Brand
- work with design software such as Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Premiere Pro) or an equivalent such as Canva and Final Cut to create social media and website assets
- work within Unity’s brand guidelines
- work with the Business Development Manager to ensure all design work and creative content is accessible to visually impaired and D/deaf audiences
About the Role:
Role: Unity Online Lead (fixed-term contract for 6 months)
Location: Liverpool / Homeworking
Type: Project leader
Application Deadline: Friday 21st May, noon
Interviews: Due to the current guidance, interviews will take place online over zoom on Wednesday 26th & Thursday 27th May
Salary: £24,000 pro-rata
Hours: 30 hours per week. The post holder will be required to work occasional evenings and weekends. Unity are flexible in how the post-holder distributes their hours across a month.
Terms: Fixed Term – 6 months, June – December 2021
Annual Leave: 25 days pro-rata per holiday year (1st April – 31st March) plus statutory English bank holidays
Notice Period: one week during probation, one month thereafter
Responsible to: Business Development Manager
Unity are accepting applications from both individuals and organisations for this role.
How to apply:
To apply for the role of Unity Online Lead please complete the below application and equal opportunities forms by Friday 21st May at midday and send them to email@example.com. Before applying please ensure you have read the information pack below. If you have any questions about the role ahead of application please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily respond.
If written application isn’t your preferred method of applying, please feel free to send in a 2 minute video or arrange a phone-call using the same email address as above. If you need support completing your application please email email@example.com and we can arrange this.